With the legalization of medical marijuana in numerous states across the country, the demand for medical marijuana cards has increased exponentially. Though once notoriously easy to obtain for essentially no reason at all, the increase in demand for medical marijuana cards has made it a little more difficult to go through the process. In places like California, where marijuana continues to see spikes in popularity, the process is difficult because of the fact that the state is so big and only has so many doctors who can prescribe marijuana.
Even though the stigma of the medical marijuana industry has decreased dramatically, the industry is still fairly new and many people are still fairly clueless about how to go about getting a medical marijuana recommendation so they can utilize medical marijuana delivery. Here is how the process of getting a medical marijuana recommendation.
- First of all, in the state of California you must be 18 years of age in order to get a recommendation from a doctor for medical marijuana.
- The next thing you will want to know is what it is you are hoping to get the recommendation for. While many cancer patients can benefit from medical marijuana, there are a bunch of other conditions that can benefit as well including loss of appetite, stress, anxiety, chronic pain, trouble sleeping, migraines, depression, nausea, seizures and more.
- If you are of age, you can make an appointment with a doctor for an evaluation.
- At the evaluation, you should bring a photo ID and proof of residency to your appointment. Proof of residency can include a utility bill or pay stub with your address. College admission or letters may also work for this.
- It is also very important to bring your existing medical records to your evaluation appointment because it will help the doctor to make a recommendation that is best for you.
- If you are new to the process, it is also helpful to write down any questions you may have for your doctor so you do not forget them.
- Also know that a medical marijuana recommendation comes with a little bit of a price tag. For first time patients, it could cost anywhere from $30 to 80$ depending on the clinic or doctor. If you continue to utilize your medical marijuana prescription for overnight cannabis delivery, you may decide that you want to renew your recommendation once it expires. If you do this with the same doctor or at the same clinic you will likely get a discount on your renewal.
- Once you are approved for a recommendation, the doctor will provide you with a piece of paper with their information, an official seal and any other pertinent information. Many clinics now provide official cards to patients as well.
As you can see, the process of obtaining a medical marijuana recommendation has a few steps, but is not generally difficult. Once you are able to make an appointment with your doctor for approval, you will be well on your way to marijuana delivery in the comfort of your own home.