If you have been diagnosed with sciatica, then you will want to make an appointment with a neurosurgeon or a neurologist in order to get the best ways to treat your sciatica pain. The right doctor or surgeon will give you the best options that may work for you in order help relieve the pressure on the sciatic nerve as well as reduce the inflammation, which in turn, should greatly reduce the pain. You will also want to find other options at the same time, with your doctor’s approval in order to see if holistic options will work too.
There are many different types of sciatica treatments that you can find for your pain. Listed here are the top ten ways to treat sciatica:
- Heat and ice. You can always try heat and ice to begin with. This will help with the pain and will also work to reduce inflammation.
- Pain medications. These are good to reduce inflammation as well as help with the pain.
- Epidural steroid therapy. You can also try steroid therapy if you need therapy that will help with the pain and heat and ice is no longer working.
- Acupuncture. You can try acupuncture as well as this is an ancient therapy that is still commonly used to help with sore muscles and injuries.
- Massage therapy. This is a great way to help the pain if you find the right masseuse. It is very important to find the right masseuse in order to ensure that they are helping relieve the pain and not making the pain worse.
- Chiropractic manipulations.You can also find the right chiropractor who can perform manipulations on you in a way that can relieve some or all of the pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Exercise. You can also exercise in order to keep your muscles going but will want to make sure that you are doing exercises that will help your case and not make it worse.
- Cognitive therapies. There are also cognitive therapies out there that will help you to change your way of thinking and will also help you to change your behaviors.
- Stretching. You can stretch in certain ways to help it as well.
- Sciatica surgery.
As you can see, there are many different ways to treat sciatic pain and you will want to be sure that you find the right methods for your needs. You can find out more when you find the right neurosurgeon to work with and the right person to help you determine what is or isn’t right for your needs. You can also try out different therapies at the same time and see what helps the most and what doesn’t.
If you are looking for the right person to help you then you will want to find a team of experts that have a lot of experience with spinal care. You can start with the experts over at Boulder Neurosurgical and Spine Associates. They are the leading experts in spinal care and can help you find everything you need to try for your particular condition.